Friday, October 3, 2008

Missing in Action

It's been several months since I posted anything here. No reason other than general laziness ... which I'm trying to overcome! Hello, Queen of Procrastination here.

Where'd the spring/summer go? I can't believe how fast the days fly now that I am this age ... I spent several weeks over the summer in Kelowna, visiting mom and sister & her family there. And as much as I love them, am always thankful when I drive back over the mountain range that separates us and get back home again. Distance brings a family closer together! ;p

Something new in my life ...

At the end of July I traded my lil' Echo hatchback in at the Toyota dealership for a 2008 Yaris sedan. It's more car (hello trunk space!) with the same kind of gas mileage, and is fully under warranty for another 5 years, so I'm happy. But I miss my lil' Echo and how I could scoot around town doing errands. The Yaris means I have to drive more like an adult. ;p

Funny story ... when I was dealin' at the dealership, I told the salesman "ANYTHING but red!" Out of my last 4 vehicles, 3 were red just by happenstance. And red isn't even a favorite color of mine, so enough is enough! The salesman went off to look on the computer and came back a long time later with this sick look on his face. I wondered - is my credit no good? Deal fall through? What?! And he said, "If you want to walk away from the deal now, I won't blame you ..."

WHAT??! Wouldn't you know it, in all of the province and all of the dealerships, there was only two cars with the features that I wanted ... one was an ugly purply-blue, and the other? RED!

God works in mysterious ways.

So once again, I drive a red car.

— Bonz

No comments: