Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter visit from my mama

My mother, she came for a visit over the Easter weekend. I know it was a hard trek for her to make, as she hasn't left her home town in over 17 months.

In the past year she's had to cope with my father's sudden death, a hurried downsizing and move, having to settle for a condo not of her own chosing, renovating said condo to bring it somewhat up to her standards, re-adjustment of life without a spouse ... Lots of sadness all around, but I am very proud of how she's managing to cope - one day at a time.

So we shopped and walked and shopped some more. She insisted on buying me something for my new place, so I finally gave in and let her buy a new dishwasher. When it was time for her to leave, I wished she could stay a little longer, and not just because she likes to buy me things. I hope she can come visit again and more often, as there's lots we didn't get around to seeing and doing.

The last time she visited me was Christmas 2006, and my dad was there, and we spent a rainy green holiday in my old apartment. So much has changed since then.

— Bonz


PS: Upon further reflection, the photo above kinda reminded me of this one ...

No comments: