Saturday, November 24, 2007

Alone again, naturally ...

My sister and her kids came for a visit on Wednesday, and left this morning. My bro-in-law joined us last night, so there was 5 people in my one-bathroom apartment overnight. What fun!

Actually, it is always a blessing to me when they are here. I know it's hard for them to come to my dinky little two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment, but I appreciate the effort when they make the trek. I am alone too much of the time so it's always good to have some company to shake things up a little!

We spent the days shopping, and eating, and we laughed, and all had to share the bathroom. And they left lots of laundry for me to wash up, and ate all my treats, and I couldn't watch any of my shows ...

But of course I wouldn't change any of it for the world. I wish they could come more often. The kids especially get a kick out of my little place. They think it's a "hotel" because of the elevator and the hallway you have to take to get to my apartment door. Although they don't quite get the concept of people living below me, which is why they should STOP JUMPING OFF THE FOOTSTOOL!!

I am always in a tizzy of anticipation before they come, and when they are here it's always rowdy and crowded. But after they leave, there is huge silence and I am sad. But at least I have the bathroom all to myself again. ;p

No comments: